McCarter Biology

Biology IS Life

Week of 8/19/19:

Mon 8/19 (day 2, 60 min): WU – Kingdoms. Scientific Method Card Sort  HW: meet with me in my office during one of your break periods by today at 3:30!  Finish Taxonomy Wheel for Wednesday if you did not already do it.  Vocabulary words due Thursday.  Quiz Thursday over Characteristics of Life and Taxonomy

Tues. 8/20 (day 3, 40 min): WU – Scientific Method. MythBusters “Are Elephants Afraid of Mice?”; Discuss variables and null hypothesis; Add practice worksheet to BILL and answer the questions.Work on the pre-lab questions for the Yeast Lab and go through the experimental setup.  HW: see last night

Wed. 8/21 (day 4, 100 min): WU Interpreting Data; Yeast Lab – you will need 4 pages in your BILL. Complete as far as the group and class data tables. We will discuss what makes a good data table. HW: Vocabulary due tomorrow. Quiz tomorrow over Characteristics of Life and Taxonomy (there are review sheets under the “Review” tab above). I will be collecting BILLS tomorrow to grade the Warm Ups completed so far and your vocabulary. Remember that you can go back to any of the warm ups to make sure you have the right answers – I encourage you to look them up!

Thurs. 8/22 (day 5, 30 min): no WU Quiz.  Start discussing Graphing Skills. Add the card sort about “which graph is most appropriate for the data given” to BILL.  HW: Quiz next Wednesday over Scientific Method and Graphing. Your CK12 book has great practice questions with answers on graphing.

Fri. 8/23 (day 1, 40 min): no WU Continue discussing graphing skills. Make 3 graphs with data given. We will finish them in class Monday. HW:  Quiz Wednesday. Test over chapter 1 next Friday

coming up: statistics and data analysis; How to write an effective conclusion using Claim-Evidence-Reasoning; chapter test

Skip to toolbar