Click on a chapter to review from the list below the study tips.
Top 10 study tips
How should I study???? Everyone is different and will require different study techniques. Here are some tips or things you can try. Try them and see what works best for you.
- Print out the chapter objectives. Answer each learning goal.
- Make flash cards out of your vocabulary words. Rewriting the words will help you memorize them.
- Do the self test (assessments) on the online textbook. The answers are there. It’s also a good place to start because you can see what topics you need to study the most. Also try Quizlet.com – it can make flashcards for you, there are self-tests with answers and even review games.
- Read the chapter and write down key points as you read.
- Read your notes. Recopying them will also help. That movement of your hand and seeing it with your eyes again will help you remember the information.
- Don’t forget to look back over old quizzes, homework and labs.
- Get enough sleep the night before. Start studying a few days in advance. Spread it out so you don’t study for 4 hours the night before.
- Click on the review below. I have the chapter objectives, video tutorials and worksheets with answers there for you. They are separated into chapter topics so you can focus on your weak points.
- Come to a study session. You will get more out of a study session if you have already studied some and/or tried to answer the review questions at the end of the chapter. That way you know what you are having trouble with. Then you can ask me specific questions.
- Make your own study guide. I will show you how and give you a template in class. Download a Study Guide Template.