McCarter Biology

Biology IS Life

Week of 5/18/20:

| 0 comments

E-Learning Week #9 – last week of school!!!

Mon. 5/18: Maroon Day- no Biology class. Make sure you are almost finished with the Ice Core Lab.

Tues. 5/19: Gold Day – no class meeting today! We will meet on Friday.

IMPORTANT: All assignments must be completed and sent to me before 4pm this Friday! No exceptions.

For today,   Continue to work on the Ice Core Lab and you can begin Friday’s lesson by watching the EdPuzzle video about Cane Toads (9min). When we lived in Brisbane, Australia, I used to HATE these things. They are not native, terribly invasive, and are systematically wiping out many of the indigenous wildlife found nowhere else on earth!  We used to dress up in gloves and protective eyewear, turn on lights at the school oval (football field) and gather as many in trashbags as possible. Why protective gear? They shoot poison!  Then we would freeze them. It’s the most humane way to kill them.

Wed. 5/20: work and rest day. Try to give your eyes and back a break from the computer!

Thurs 5/21: Maroon Day – no Biology class. Make sure you have finished the Ice Core Lab and Cane Toad video.  All work must be completed by 4pm on Friday – I have grades due Monday and need time to grade everything. 

Fri. 5/22: Gold Day – LAST DAY of SHCOOL!  I will send you a link to the Google Meet class meeting via Google Chat at 8:25am. Class starts promptly at 8:30am.

Agenda for today: Q&A about anything we have done so far and say goodbye! Make sure you send me any assignment you want graded BEFORE 4pm TODAY.

Today’s extra credit assignment: Create a collage of mostly photos that tell the story of one invasive species found in the United States. It should include: name, where it is invasive, where it came from originally, why is it destructive, and other important information (this will vary depending upon what organism you choose). Complete it today!  I will not accept any work after 4pm today since I have grades due Monday morning.

Here is mine: