McCarter Biology

Biology IS Life

Week of 5/11/20:

E-Learning Week #8

Mon. 5/11: Maroon Day- no Biology class. Make sure you have finished the HHMI Exploring Biomass Pyramids interactive data lab from Friday and sent me the PDF that is generated by email.

Tues. 5/12: Gold Day – no class meeting today! We will meet on Friday.

For today,   Watch the EdPuzzle video about “How Wolves Change Rivers” (4:33 min) – the importance of keystone species. Then complete the worksheet Moose of Isle RoyaleDue before our next class on Friday. Send me your Moose worksheet via email, text photo or share the google doc (this may be more difficult since you have a graph to do, but you could copy and paste an Excel graph). 

Having trouble with the graph? This video may help:

Wed. 5/13: work and rest day. Try to give your eyes and back a break from the computer!

Thurs 5/14: Maroon Day – no Biology class. Make sure you have finished the EdPuzzle video How Wolves Change Rivers and completed the Moose of Isle Royale worksheet before class starts tomorrow. 

Fri. 5/15: Gold Day – I will send you a link to the Google Meet class meeting via Google Chat at 8:25am. Class starts promptly at 8:30am.

Agenda for today: Q&A about anything we have done so far since we will be starting the next unit today. I will be discussing how to do the Ice Cores and Climate Change Lab.

Today’s assignment: 1. Watch the video found on EdPuzzle about Ice Cores. (2:32 min)   2. Complete the lab worksheet as instructed during today’s meeting.  3. Here is an Excel spreadsheet of the data.

The graphs are easier to complete on Excel, but can be done on Google Sheets.

Coming up next: Climate change and invasive species – our LAST week of school!

Skip to toolbar