McCarter Biology

Biology IS Life

Week of 4/6/20:

E-Learning Week #3

Mon. 4/6:  no school. See emails from the school and our Portal’s page about the new plan for April’s schedule.

*I know some of you have already completed the Point Mutations Worksheet. Because of the way the school has changed our schedule, I am going to have to eliminate the remainder of the worksheet (only thing left should be the last page). I will give you extra credit for doing the last page. You should, however, have all the translating done on pages 2 and 3. Please send me photos of those pages if you haven’t done so already.

Tues. 4/7: Maroon Day – no biology class. We will meet as a class tomorrow at 8:30am. I will send a Google Meets link 5 minutes before class begins.

Wed. 4/8:   Meet as a class at 8:30am. Make sure you have your BILL and a pen or pencil.  I will go over the powerpoint: Evolution & Natural Selection introduction. 

The video lesso of Evolution & Natural Selection powerpoint had to be put onto EdPuzzle since the file size was too large with the audio on it.  Take notes over it and use it to help with the Icefish video question.

Watch the EdPuzzle video about the Icefish – Birth and Death of Genes, 13 minutes. Jot down notes about how the icefish is an example of the birth and death of genes and how it is an example of natural selection. You will answer 1 short answer question at the end.

The video will be available until 8:30am on Tuesday 4/14.

Thurs. 4/9:  Maroon Day – no Biology class.

coming up next week: Darwin and evidence for evolution

Skip to toolbar