Henrietta Lacks podcast –
1. Go, Go Stem Cells – a Learn Genetics Utah interactive tutorial
2. From 2008(13 min) – http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/stem-cells-breakthrough.html
3. What are stem cells? How can they be used for medical benefit? – a 6minute You Tube video
4. What is Regenerative Medicine? Learn Genetics Utah tutorial about Unlocking the Potential of Stem Cells.
5. Stem Cell Therapies – HHMI tutorial. Watch and take notes over the 12 slides and also watch the 4 minute-long video clip about heart repair from slide 8.
6. Regeneration: Watch 2 quick videos –
A. Stem Cells Regenerate new Finger – from CBS News 2009
B. Skin Cell Gun using stem cells. (click the link or on the video below)
7. Stem Cell Debate – Is It Over? from Learn Genetics Utah
Additional: Video clip of EuroStemCell Conversations: Ethics, Science, Stem Cells which discusses viewpoints from doctors, scientists, religious groups, philosophers and patients – http://eurostemcell.org/films/conversations/ESC_conversations_
Can we live forever????? A recent NOVA Science Now video clip that shows how scientists can make new organs in a lab: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/can-we-live-forever.html
Want to learn more??? Visit the University of Utah’s Genetic Science Learning Center –